Cambridge Sound Management Qt Active Emitter for Sound Masking, Paging and Music Applications
Small and Powerful
The new Qt® Active Emitter is a single-source Emitter capable of both sound masking and simultaneous clear reproduction of paging and music signals. It provides higher SPL and a broader frequency range than previous direct field Emitter offerings in a small, powerful speaker that’s virtually invisible once deployed in finished or open structure ceilings.
Uniform Direct Field Masking
Traditional sound masking systems use large loudspeakers the size of paint cans to reverberate sound off of the ceiling deck that indirectly distribute masking sound into an environment. In contrast, the small, sleek Qt Active Emitter utilizes Cambridge Sound Management’s patented direct field Quiet Technology to deliver uniform sound masking directly into the workspace.
Clear, Articulate Paging and Background Music
Another benefit of direct field technology is improved audio clarity for paging and music. Because pages are being emitted directly into the environment, they’re clearer and easier for listeners to understand. Music sounds better too because the speaker is facing the listener instead of being played through a ceiling material. The Qt Active Emitter is the only sound masking loudspeaker that’s a complete masking, paging, and music solution for office environments.
The Favorite Installation Choice of Integrators
The Qt Active Emitter uses the same control modules and cabling infrastructure that made QtPro™ the number one sound masking system choice of companies worldwide as well as the favorite installation choice of integrators. As a result, QtPro remains the easiest sound masking system to install and calibrate, regardless of whether the Active Emitter or original Emitter is used—a true plug and play experience with preset sound masking curves designed specifically for each emitter type.
- Active electronics power the speaker
- Ported enclosure design allows lower frequency extension down to 125 Hz octave band for sound masking and 115 Hz for paging and music
- 17 dB louder than previous direct field emitter offerings
- Plenum-rated, UL-listed, and complies with UL 2043
- Delivers four uncorrelated audio channels to reduce phasing/comb-filtering
- Comes standard with a slip-ring mount for acoustical tile mounting
- Rear DIP switches reduce volume by 4.5 dB in 1.5 dB increments if needed
- Compatible with the Qt 300 and Qt 600 control modules
- Control via web-based management from any device
- Delivers superior uniformity which leads to a more comfortable sound masking experience and clear, quality office paging and background music
- Small but powerful speaker that’s virtually invisible once deployed in finished or open structure ceilings
- Utilizes the same control modules, cabling infrastructure, and speaker driver size as other Cambridge Sound Management systems, ensuring QtPro remains the easiest sound masking system to install and calibrate
- Provides new opportunities for sound masking system customization and optimization
- Features an extended sound masking spectrum for additional comfort
- Ability to use both the Qt Active Emitter and original Qt Emitter on the same control processor simultaneously, if needed (requires separate zones)
- 125 Hz frequency response for sound masking
- 115 Hz frequency response for music playback and paging
- 74 dB SPL at 1 meter distance
- Requires 600 Watt 3-zone power supply and power injector accessories to power the Qt® Active Emitter
- 5 Year Warranty
- Over 15,000 customers have used Cambridge Sound Management products in over 30 countries