The SMH-1000 Professional Field and Studio Monitor Headphones from Senal feature a classic closed-back, over-the-ear, collapsible design. With features like interchangeable cables, a refined frequency response, wire guides, superior comfort, and durable materials, the SMH-1000 is ideal for studio and field applications.
Equipped with 40mm neodymium drivers at 58 ohm impedance, the SMH-1000 headphones are designed to be loud enough when attached to low powered devices such as mobile phones and mp3 players, yet robust enough to handle studio headphone amps without distortion.The over-ear, closed-back design is intended to help block unwanted outside noise, which is useful in professional field recording and studio monitoring scenarios where isolation is critical.
The headphones are designed with an EQ curve that's been tailored for a slightly enhanced low end that allows field engineers to detect wind noise more effectively, and for studio engineers to monitor bass and sub bass frequencies. The high frequency response has been extended to accurately reproduce spatial detail. There is also a pronounced but smooth midrange that reduces ear fatigue over prolonged periods, while maintaining focus on vocal and dialogue intelligibility.
Designed for flexibility as well as great sound, the SMH-1000 makes use of twist-lock detachable cabling. There are two detachable cables included in each box that can be used interchangeably. There is a stretchable 4 to 10' coiled cable that provides better mobility and reach, that also helps prevent snags from pulling the headphones off of your head. This can be useful when navigating through gear-cluttered recording studio environments. There is also a 3' straight cable that is useful when less slack is ideal, such as when using a waist-mounted field recorder or mixer, or when using your mobile device.
The SMH-1000 has been built with convenience, practicality and comfort in mind as well. The headphones have a collapsible folding mechanism for compact storage and transport. They also have wire guides to keep the ear-cup wires from pinching. Furthermore, they are fitted with a padded headband and soft, replaceable ear cushions to maximize comfort during extended listening.
- An excellent choice for commercial recording, broadcast, home studios, and live and location sound. Also great for home and portable entertainment.
- Over-ear, closed-back (circumaural) stereo headphone design to help block unwanted environmental noise. Ideal for use in professional applications such as studio or field recording.
- Detachable, twist-locking 10' coiled cable and 3' straight cable included. Replacement cables also available from Senal.
- Enhanced low end designed to allow field engineers to detect wind noise effectively, and for studio engineers to monitor bass and sub bass frequencies.
- Pronounced but smooth midrange tailored to reduce ear fatigue over prolonged periods while maintaining focus on vocal and dialog intelligibility.
- Extended high frequency response designed to reproduce spatial detail accurately. Gradual roll off at 14 kHz allows for accurate low level monitoring and hearing protection.
- Padded headband and soft, replaceable ear cushions. Replacement cushions are available for purchase.
- Easy storage via collapsible folding mechanism.